By: Della Lin
It’s been more than a year since all of this COVID-19 craziness began. As summer approaches, it seems that life is finally starting to return back to normal. Restaurants, movie theaters, and stores are all reopening. Mask mandates are even being lifted in numerous states. Unlike last summer, you can actually do something fun this summer, instead of just staying at home all day. So, here are some fun activities to help you create your perfect summer plan or just simply to help reduce your boredom during the summer months.
- Going to Amusement Parks: I don’t know about you, but going to an amusement park has been at the top of my list ever since places started reopening. It would be a great place to spend an entire day with your family or friends. Riding roller coasters and eating lots of cotton candy seems like the perfect summer day to me. However, make sure you still continue to follow guidelines and rules regarding COVID-19 while making those summer memories.
- Take a Road Trip: Summer usually means vacation to many people. However, people may still be hesitant to travel, so I would recommend going on a road trip. Not only is it COVID-friendly, but it can also be very memorable. Simply pick a spot, get in your car, and just start driving. It will for sure be an exhilarating experience that you will never forget. Remember, just go with it, and let the chips fall where they may.
- A Day at the Beach: One obvious thing that you should do this summer is to go to the beach. You can spend an entire day relaxing by the ocean. Whether you are someone who goes to the beach to swim or just to tan, I guarantee it will be a fun-filled day. You could even plan a picnic or learn how to surf.
- Going to a Concert: Due to COVID, many singers and bands had to cancel their tours and shows for an entire year. Now, many concerts are actually going to be happening this summer. Whether you decide to go with your family or friends, buy tickets to see your favorite singer or band. Enjoy the music and live your best life! I have never gone to a concert before, so this is another thing that is on the top of my bucket list this summer.
- If you are someone who likes to stay indoors or at home, then I would suggest trying something new that makes you happy. Whether it is learning to play a new sport, trying new cooking/baking recipes, or finally doing a Marvel movie marathon, just make sure it is something that you like to do. For me, I am going to focus on starting my own YouTube channel since I love making and editing videos.
Summer is usually most people’s favorite time of the year. During summer, we can relax, wind down, and not have to worry about anything. Therefore, make the most out of these two months and make sure you have fun! I hope you guys have an amazing summer!
Photo courtesy of Viator.