By: Della Lin
Summer flew by way too quickly! Not only has the school year begun, but the fall season has arrived! Many people say fall is their favorite season, as it is home to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and of course, the iconic pumpkin spice latte. From the scenery changing into warm colors to the constant scent of cinnamon in the air, the fall season brings something fun for everyone. To get the most out of this fall season, I have listed the top 5 activities that you should add to your fall-themed bucket list.
- Number one on the list is pumpkin and apple picking. Whether you go with your family or friends, it is a great way to bond and make memories. After you pick out your pumpkins, you can even carve them and create jack-o-lanterns to celebrate Halloween. On the other hand, once you pick out your apples, you can create delicious treats with them, like caramel apples. I would recommend this to get yourself into the fall spirit.
- The second thing you should do is to get together with your friends and make fall-themed treats. Cooking and baking with your friends is an amazing experience, and the best part is that you get to eat it after you finish! Some ideas of what to make are pumpkin bread, apple fritters, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and candy apples. In reality, there are so many more desserts that you could make, check out the link right here for more fall food inspiration.
- If you want to get into the Halloween spirit, I would suggest going to a haunted house for a fun scare. However, I suggest going with someone else, whether that be a friend or a family member for moral support. I, for one, will not be going to a haunted house, as I am easily scared (like I literally will not watch a horror movie). However, if you love Halloween, and horror movies, then I would 100% recommend that you go to a haunted house.
- Another great fall activity is to visit a corn maze. It’s exactly what it sounds like: a maze cut out of a cornfield. I have never done anything like this, but it does sound super interesting! A corn maze is a life-size version of what you would normally be doing on paper. Go with your family or friends and I’m sure it will be an unforgettable experience. Just make sure you don’t get lost!
- The final activity to add to your fall bucket list is to build a bonfire and roast some marshmallows. Yum! Nothing sounds better than some hot, roasted marshmallows. You can even make smores, which sounds even more delicious! The best thing about this is that you can do this anywhere from the beach to your very own backyard! Invite your friends and family over for an amazing and fun-filled night!
The fall season is a wonderful time of the year. From pumpkin-flavored foods and drinks to buying fall decor there is honestly just so much to look forward to including Thanksgiving and Halloween. Just by adding these fall festivities to your bucket list, you will be able to fully embrace the fall season. Remember, it isn’t how many fall activities you cross off of your bucket list, it’s the memories you make while doing them. Have fun!